Guest review ~ Five Weeks in a Balloon

Africa Map from 1870sFive Weeks in a Balloonis a Victorian book that takes place in 1862 and was written by Jules Verne.  It is about three individuals, Dr. Samuel Ferguson, his servant Joseph Wilson, and a hunter, Richard Kennedy, who set off in a balloon off the coast of Zanzibar to cross the African continent.

I liked this book a lot because it is very detailed and adventurous and has some science and physics in it (nothing too complex), and since I am interested in the Victorian and Edwardian times, the British Empire, and its exploration and expanse, this was quite satisfying and intriguing.

I would give this book 5/5 stars.



Thanks to Barnabas, my brother (and fellow Jules Verne fan), for this review! 

Comments

Emiko said…
Hm, sounds like an interesting book, Barnabas! :) Even though I don't usually read this type of literature, maybe one day I'll try this one!

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1

Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

Autumn Plans