Deal Me In 2016

In 2015, I was on a roll with this challenge, then, eight stories in, failed as gloriously as I had begun.  On the bright side, I still have my list and eight new stories to replace the "read" ones.  I'm going to ace it this time (pun intended)!  :)

Challenge hosted by Jay at Bibliophilica.


A – Snow White - Grimm
2 – The Minotaur - Hawthorne
3 – The Tale of the Dead Princess and the Seven Knights - Pushkin
4 – The Woman with Two Skins - African folktale
5 – Rumpelstiltskin - Grimm
6 – The Shadow - Andersen
7 – Hansel and Gretel - Grimm
8 – The Girl Without Hands - Grimm
9 – The Fir Tree - Andersen
10 – Puss in Boots - Grimm
J – The Prince Who Feared Nothing - Grimm
Q – The Snow Queen - Andersen
K – King Thrushbeard - Grimm


A – The Argonauts of the Air - Wells
2 – A Country Doctor - Kafka
3 – The Adventure of the German Student - Irving
4 – Blumfeld, an Elderly Bachelor - Kafka
5 – The Artist of the Beautiful - Hawthorne
6 – The Purloined Letter - Poe
7 – The Country of the Blind - Wells
8 – A Report to an Academy - Kafka
9 – The Hunter Gracchus - Kafka
10 – My Kinsman, Major Molineux - Hawthorne
J – The Masque of Red Death - Poe
Q – The Last Question - Asimov
K – William Wilson - Poe


A – Investigations of a Dog - Kafka
2 – A Little Woman - Kafka
3 – The Nightingale and the Rose - Wilde
4 – Eleonora - Poe
5 – A Virtuoso's Collection - Hawthorne
6 – Wedding Preparations in the Country - Kafka
7 – The Lady with the Dog - Chekhov
8 – Regret - Kate Chopin
9 – The Necklace - Maupassant
10 – The Looking-Glass - Chekhov
J – The Snow-Image - Hawthorne
Q – The Cherry Orchard - Chekhov
K – An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge - Bierce


A – Symposium - Plato
2 – Nature - Emerson
3 – On Heroes and Hero-Worship - Carlyle
4 – In Defense of Sanity - Chesterton
5 – On the Duty of Civil Disobedience - Thoreau
6 – Common Sense - Paine
7 – On Evil Euphemisms - Chesterton
8 – The Twelve Men - Chesterton
9 – The Death of a Moth - Woolf
10 – Self-Reliance - Emerson
J – Camping Out - Hemingway
Q – Circles - Emerson
K – The Snows of Kilimanjaro - Hemingway

Comments

cleopatra said…
I really hesitate to look at your Deal Me In lists. Why? Because you always have so many tempting titles that I end up wanting to add to my list ..... way more than I have room for! I love your fairy tale category. I'm tempted to change out my children's classics category for it, but hopefully next year I can do a concentrated read of fairy tales. Chesterton's In Defense of Sanity looks particularly good. I'll have to check that one out.

All the best with this challenge!
MH said…
Thanks, good luck to you too! :) I know the feeling, when I see other people's DMI lists, almost always I wonder "hm, should I have added that one instead?!". Fairytales are fun, though Grimm is making me very glad I grew up in the age of Winnie the Pooh and Barney. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

Autumn Plans

The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1