2017 Mount TBR Challenge


This year, I had fun tackling books that had been on my TBR mountain for a while, so I want to do it again in 2017.  Again, it'll be Pike's Peak (12 books) for me, which really is a challenge.  This is my list as of today, subject to change if I happen to acquire more books this month...
  1. Till We Have Faces - C. S. Lewis 
  2. The Children of Hurin - J. R. R. Tolkien    (My siblings bought me this book when it was practically fresh off the printing press in 2008, and I'm sorry to say I've been procrastinating mightily.  No more!)
  3. The Buried Giant - Kazuo Ishiguro  ✓ (did not finish)
  4. The Begum's Millions - Jules Verne 
  5. Nostromo - Joseph Conrad
  6. Felix Mendelssohn: A Life in Letters
  7. The Twentieth Century - Albert Robida
  8. Cancer Ward - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
  9. Frankenstein - Mary Shelley 
  10. Peter Pan - J. M. Barrie
  11. Recollections of Japan - Hendrik Doeff
  12. Highlands and Hollows - Dallas Lore Sharp
  13. Star Trek: Federation - Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens
  14. Optional/alternative:  The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas (Yes, regardless of whether it wins or loses the book journal poll.  What am I getting myself into??!) 
 I'm not sanguine about completing this list, but I'd be thrilled if it happens!  These books are all sitting conspicuously in the left corner of my top shelf - home of the "haven't read but own" books.

    Comments

    Bev Hankins said…
    Welcome back--and good luck with your climb.

    Popular posts from this blog

    Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

    The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1

    Autumn Plans