We + announcement

It's been quite around here, but I've been busy...

...I've started a podcast!  It's going to be a weekly discussion of classic literature, kind of like this blog (but kind of different).  The first episode is a review of We, which I read about a month ago and wanted to save for this moment.  Please check it out here, and let me know what you think:  Classics Considered: We vs. Me - Episode 1.

The whole concept of a classic lit podcast has been in my mind lately.  I've enjoyed non-literary shows like Ear Biscuits and This Developer's Life, as well as book reviews by various vloggers on YouTube.  As I began to see the value in a conversational format (no lectures here), I also found my interest in reviewing to be renewed.  Maybe it's the challenge...writing is almost as easy as breathing, but I get extremely nervous behind a microphone.  It forces me to think more quickly and face my limitations as a speaker.  It's also (as I'm finding out) lots of fun!

Just to clarify: I won't be completely stopping the written book reviews here.  So far, this podcast is still in the "experiment" stage.  Ideally, and if it goes well, I hope to find a good balance between the two formats, rather than choose one over the other.

Comments

Ruth said…
I don't think you sound nervous at all (behind the mic). The podcast sounds very professional, and very well done. Also, it does sound like fun.

cleopatra said…
I love this idea, Marian! :-) You sound just dandy! I have We coming up so I will listen to the complete podcast when I finish. Brava!
Marian H said…
Thanks, Ruth! My nerves are gradually going away, I think. :)
Marian H said…
Cool, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on We! Thanks for the encouragement!

Popular posts from this blog

Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1

Autumn Plans