Tragedy in America: Three Plays by Arthur Miller - Episode 6

Today I unpack three of Arthur Miller's most famous plays: All My Sons, Death of a Salesman, and The Crucible.

I must really apologize for the frequency of the word "interesting" in this episode.  My only excuse is I recorded this one in the evening and so perhaps wasn't feeling as bright as during my Saturday morning recordings.  ;)

Further Reading:
Excerpt of Arthur Miller’s testimony to the House Un-American Activities Committee 

Comments

Hi, Marian. I thoroughly enjoyed your podcast. You are so articulate and pleasant to listen to. And what an essential message you share at the end.

I have Death of a Salesman on my list to read when I get to my Well-Educated Mind Plays, but several years ago I read The Crucible, and it has remained one of my most important reads b/c it elicited such strong emotions. It was very effective writing. I may not completely agree with Miller, but I understand him.
Marian H said…
Thank you, Ruth! :) There is much to ponder in Death of a Salesman, though it is also very gritty, like The Crucible. Not sure if I'll be reading more by Miller, but he certainly made me appreciate play-writing in a whole new light.

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1

Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

Autumn Plans