Ten TBR Classics by My Favorite Authors

This week's Top Ten Tuesday challenges us to come up with to-be-read books by our favorite authors...

1. Nathaniel Hawthorne: The Scarlet Letter
Yes, I probably sound like a broken record, but I still haven't read this one.

2. Joseph Conrad: Nostromo

3. Franz Kafka: Diaries
Diaries...that's a little awkward. 

4. Jules Verne: From the Earth to the Moon

5. Agatha Christie: The rest of the Poirot series
It's been over a decade since I read it, so I might just start over.

6. Charlotte Bronte: The Professor and Emma

7. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: The Firm of Girdlestone
This is getting obscure, but Doyle's lesser-known works rarely disappoint.

8. J. R. R. Tolkien: The Fall of Gondolin

9. Fyodor Dostoyevsky: Crime and Punishment

10. Soren Kierkegaard: The Concept of Anxiety

My biggest takeaway from this list is that, barring Dostoyevsky and Kierkegaard, I've scarcely discovered any new favorite authors in the past 6–8 years.  Pretty sad. 

Comments

mudpuddle said…
it's impressive that you tackled Kierkegaard... i've wondered about him, but was put off, as i remember, by his off the wall ideas... i think i read some of kafka's diaries, but maybe it was something else... might have been Max Brod's bio or letters from him... it's hard to recollect the last sixty some years....
Marian H said…
I certainly don't understand all of K's thoughts, but I do love what I've read by him. He gives me the impression of someone thinking out loud. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

Autumn Plans

The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1