Sherlock Holmes: "The Resident Patient"


Week 10: "The Resident Patient"

Sorry for being an absent host lately!  I've had a lot going on in "real life" and was finding it hard to blog.  Now I hope to be more on top of things again...

This is another Holmes story that I don't often think about, yet I ought to call a favorite.  Even being so familiar with it now, I think "The Resident Patient" is a pretty unique mystery, as well as horrifying in its conclusion.  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was a doctor himself, which may have something to do with the level of detail in the setting and characters. 

If you particularly like medical-themed tales, I also recommend Doyle's short story collection, Round the Red Lamp, which includes some mysteries but also other genres.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1

Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

Autumn Plans