Wednesday Quote: Souls

G. K. Chesterton at work
“I wish we could sometimes love the characters in real life as we love the characters in romances. There are a great many human souls whom we should accept more kindly, and even appreciate more clearly, if we simply thought of them as people in a story.”
A great Chesterton quote from a book of his I've yet to read (What I Saw in America).  It is easy enough to view people through the narrow lens of our interactions with them, but to view them in the context of their own life story is another thing.

Comments

Sharon Wilfong said…
I am a HUGE Chesterton fan. I plan on perusing all your reviews of his books, most of which I've read. However, I did not know he visited America or wrote about it. I'll have to find this book. Take care!
Marian H said…
Thanks, Sharon! I hope to read this one someday as well. Chesterton's commentary on the U.S. would for sure be entertaining. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1

Autumn Plans