Classic Literature at the Movies - Episode 13

Great books can make great movies (and, in some cases, better ones).  This week's topic features some of my favorite costume dramas inspired by classics.

Editor's note: In my excitement and haste, it seems I mispronounced Wodehouse's name and called videos VCRs... whoops!  (Oh, and The Young Victoria was 2009, not 2012.  Time does fly.)

The Questions:
  1. First literary drama miniseries you ever watched?
  2. Last literary drama you watched?
  3. What media forms do you prefer to use when watching period dramas (i.e. purchased DVDs, rented/borrowed DVDs, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu)?
  4. Favorite literary drama soundtrack(s)?
  5. Favorite literary musical?
  6. Literary drama you'd recommend to anyone?
  7. If you could have a new adaptation of your favorite classic book, what would it be and who would star?
  8. A favorite pair of literary drama friends?
  9. A favorite pair of literary drama enemies?
  10. Movies or miniseries with the best costumes?
Where I found the questions:
Old-Fashioned Charm (1, 2, 3)
The Madd Rose (questions also from Old-Fashioned Charm's Period Drama Challenge)
Formidable Courage

Comments

Stephen said…
Audrey Hepburn was amazing in "My Fair Lady" -- I didn't even RECOGNIZE her until the racetrack scene. That's how effectively her clothing, makeup, and accent had masked her for me, and I liked Hepburn enough that I should have recognized her before.

How is Wodehouse supposed to be pronounced? I've never heard it, but always read it as "Woad-house" in my head. It's not Woodhouse, is it?
Marian H said…
Apparently it's "Woodhouse"; I've seen several online sources point it out, including a LibriVox reader (https://forum.librivox.org/viewtopic.php?t=7071). British lit should come with a pronunciation guide... :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1

Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

Autumn Plans