Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon: TBR stack, April 2018

Carl Spitzweg 021
It's that happy time of year again, the biannual Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon!  I am somewhat of a casual participant, in that I don't get up at 5am and I do let myself take long breaks.  Even so, it's still great fun!

As ever, I'll be posting updates to Instagram and Goodreads.

The lineup:
Finish The Kill / Emile Zola
Finish The Castle / Franz Kafka - library ebook & can't renew!
CEO, China / Kerry Brown
Ben-Hur / Lew Wallace
The Undead / Dick Teresi

Stretch goals:
Something off my "short books" list
Little Women / Louisa May Alcott - reread
The Sickness Unto Death / Soren Kierkegaard
Philosophy 101 / Paul Kleinman
Various books for work

In other news, I am gearing up for Season 2 of Classics Considered.  April has been far, far too busy and short... I'd meant to release at least one episode this month but could not make it happen.  Anyways, from this list you can see a sneak peek of things to come.  I am finally going to be talking about Kafka and am way too excited about that...

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is some list!! I love Zola and Wallace! Kafka?! Ok..I will go with your thoughts!
Brian Joseph said…
Every year I say that I will participate in the Readathon. Some year I will. You have some impressive sounding books lined up. Have fun!
Mudpuddle said…
i don't recall where i've seen that picture before, but i wish i had a copy... really like it! good luck with the Challenge!
Marian H said…
To be honest, The Castle is by far his boringest novel... but alas, I'm a completionist and must finish it. ;)
Marian H said…
Thanks, Brian! I set my goals high, but in reality, I tend to take it easy to keep it fun. :)
Marian H said…
It's memorable, isn't it? Carl Spitzweg also painted a raven reading a book, which is lesser known but also charming: Der Rabe.

Popular posts from this blog

Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

Autumn Plans

The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1