Finishing My Book

Several months back, I mentioned I've been writing a pseudo-Victorian novel for 3 years.  I talked about the literary inspirations and characters - not to compare my writing with such greats (hardly that!), but to give you a gist of what the story's like.

April is Camp NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and my plan is to make a final push to finish the rough draft. (I know, I said that in November, but work life had other plans. ) 

Would any of you be interested in reading the rough draft?  By "rough," I mean lightly edited and fully readable.  However, because I wrote it for NaNoWriMo (word-count marathon), some parts are overly wordy and others parts are admittedly corny.  :P

It'd be quite motivating for me to complete the ending if there were readers waiting for it.  More importantly, I'd be grateful for your comments, especially honest, constructive criticism.  At this point, I've spent so much time with this project, it's lost much of its sentimental value, so I'm eager and ready for other perspectives.

The only qualification is you must be a current, regular follower of the blog (i.e. someone I recognize) and promise not to copy/plagiarize/publish/share the story in any way, with anyone else.  That's it!  Also, there is no deadline or commitment for "when to read" or "how much feedback to give"...it's totally up to you, and there's no obligation to finish it, either.  (I would hate for anyone to struggle through it; I'd rather hear at what point you stopped reading it and why. :))

If you'd like to participate, please:
  • Leave a comment
  • Send me a message using the Contact Form (left sidebar), with your name and the email you'd like to be contacted with.  Your email won't be shared with anyone, including other readers.
You'll receive a PDF file of the story serially (about 5 chapters weekly), for about 6 weeks starting in April.  The complete draft will be about 300 pages.

No pressure to join, but let me know if you're interested!

Comments

mudpuddle said…
it sounds interesting... i'd be glad to read it and communicate what i think/thought...
Marian H said…
Wonderful! I'll have the first part out to you by the end of the week. :)
Sharon Wilfong said…
I am looking forward to reading your novel. Are you going to serialize on your blog?
Sharon Wilfong said…
Sorry read that wrong. I'll put my info in the sidebar. :)
Marian H said…
Received - thanks Sharon!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1

Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

Autumn Plans