Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon - Hourly Updates, April 2019 edition

Hour 12

Finished the first part of A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft.  It is really good so far!  I can't wait to share my thoughts with you all in tomorrow's check-in post.  :)


Hour 5

I just woke up, got a great night's sleep and am ready for the day!  Here's my answers to the Getting to Know You Survey from Hour 1...

1)What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I'm at home in Washington state.  Today is going to be a rainy day, perfect for reading!

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
From my stack, I'm most anticipating The Time Machine, which I haven't read in probably over 10 years.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I never seem to have snacks prepared (sigh).  Maybe I'll treat myself to some hot cocoa.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
This is my first readathon as a (rookie) manager, which is why I'll be reading The Making of a Manager by Julie Zhuo.  I started reading it last week, and so far it's pretty good!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? 
This time I'm saving my weekend chores for tomorrow and I'm not going to think about any work stuff.  I'll also be balancing my time with Camp Nanowrimo.  :)

Comments

Beth said…
The Time Machine is great! I think I prefer The War of the Worlds, though. So far I have done 2 1/2 hrs of reading according to my stopwatch.

I started _A Vindication of the Rights of Woman_ just last night (barely, just chapter 1) but I might not get back to it during the 24 hour readathon. I will check in with the readalong on Sunday, I think.
I hope you have a lovely time during the readathon. I always meet so many wonderful new bloggers (and other sorts of readers) during the readathon. I hope you also get a bit of writing done.
Marian H said…
Thank you, and happy readathon! :)
Marian H said…
To be honest, I haven't started Vindication yet!! I'm hoping it's a page-turner. :D
mudpuddle said…
i recall being scared by the Morlocks (i was pretty young when i read it)...
Marian H said…
P. S. Sent you the first part of my book :)
mudpuddle said…
got it and read it... i'll be sending off an email regarding it...

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1

Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

Autumn Plans