What I'm Reading: Alice, Castles, and a Book Journal...

Alice and kitten

If it's seemed quiet this past week, I've actually been reading (hee).  I always find this time of year to be trying, for whatever reason, and so I've been indulging myself with two re-reads and a new book that is becoming close to my heart...

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass - I've finally begun reading this sweet little hardcover that my parents got me for Christmas.  It includes both books and Tenniel's illustrations (my favorite).  This may be the topic for my next podcast episode.  I love Alice, and it's just occurred to me what a great protagonist she is, and why.  More on that to come...

Crusader Castles - After making it my unofficial mission to become a complete Lawrence nerd, I had to read his research paper about Crusader castle architecture.  It's really quite interesting, and even though I don't understand all of it, I can see the scientific side of him through his diagrams and careful eye for details.  Obviously that played into his ability to organize his campaigns so successfully.  His later margin notes, however, are the biggest gems - I keep laughing aloud in the middle of the night; it's a little embarrassing...

Ben-Hur - I am so excited to announce I am bringing back the book journal!  Basically, my "book journals" feature long books explored in a series of in-depth, cumulative reviews.  Previously, I journalled about Seven Pillars of Wisdom and The Brothers Karamazov.  I can't wait to start writing about Ben-Hur, so stay tuned for those posts coming up in the following weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Septober, Octember, Nowonder...

The Art of Loving - A Ramble on Chapters 1–2.1

Autumn Plans